Wednesday, November 16, 2011

AEDM-CED-Thankful Books

I saw the Mucha like stickers at a place here in Omaha called Mangelsen's and being that I love Mucha I fell in love and just ha to snatch them up. I have been wanting to put these Thankful or Thanksgiving Books together but I have been sick for the past week with a horrible head cold. IT barely took my might to write lately for NaNoWriMo.  But finally after a few days of nothing but rest, sleep and lots of dozing I finally felt up to it tonight.

The small one I used pieces of chipboard and then covered them with 12 x 12 scrapbook paper. Then I used a few of the stickers and some Mary Englebriet pages from an old calender. I used a few remaining embellishments, and some ribbon around the jump rings. I also Distressed the edges with a distressing dauber that is a lot less messy but I have learned to try it out before starting to use it (one flub changed that)











Distress edges








The larger books are made from Steno Notepads. A friend of mine always says "It is so kewl you cover Steno Notepads because nothing is more boring than a Steno Notepad!"


The Front of Book One



Front of Book Two
The Backs

The Fronts
I love collage. Melody Ross changed my life by introducing me to Mod Podge and Collage. That mixed with stickers, chipboard and Distressing Paint daubers, my art life has changed quite drastically this year and I am extremely thankful for it all. :)

10 comments:

  1. wow that is a bumper collective of beautiful creative journals... love that they are all in that same colour grouping as well... makes it look so together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from AEDM! Your books are beautiful - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You really got a lot done for somebody who's not feeling well!! I never would have thought to cover steno notebooks. (They really are boring--LOL!) Everything looks so pretty. Hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. visiting from AEDM and thoroughly enjoyed looking at all your journals - collage is definitely fun; I just started working with it this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic! I love your style and creations...wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little thankful books!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How perfect for November! I too have enjoyed Melody Ross! Have you played with her chip art tools? Very addictive....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not big on Chip Art yet. Maybe someone just needs to properly teach me. Seems like a lot of work for cardboard? I do like the preform pieces and covering them but not the tools yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creations, books are my addiction so I love all of them. You're given them all a great look, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your blog name! So true! And these books are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete