Friday, April 6, 2012

Getting ready for the Show

Amazing and terrific news! If you follow my posts you know that earlier in the year I said a few goals of mine for my art was

  • To show in a Gallery
  • To have my Art sell
Well, my lovelies, this dream is about to happen and I couldn't be more excited (well I probably could but I don't think you could handle it!)I heard about Art Crazy from the Des Moines Art Center and saw they were looking for possible submissions from Artists. I contacted the coordinator and she emailed me back to discuss with me submissions.



So here are the pieces I am going to be submitting for the show



I was going to use this but I liked it so much I am keeping it! 


I was told this has a Frida Kahlo look...I had to look it up but now I know her work, I agree!

Then here are the Collage pieces I am submitting as well...

Most of you have seen these pieces before since I did them last year. I didn't get a chance to sell them on Etsy and I would rather help a good cause then worry about the profit. I am so excited to have my work in a real live Art Gallery more than anything else!!
Thank you to those who always support my art and for those in my life who have inspired and encouraged me to be a better artist. Thank you also to the other amazing artists I follow that inspire me by your work and efforts every day! Thank you especially to those who believed in me year after year and kept pushing me forward to not only be  a better artist, but to be able to take this amazing leap in my life (You know who you are).
Please come enjoy the show and support me if you are in the Des Moines area or plan to be.


Party & Sale:Enjoy Art Crazy and restock your art collection with gems you find at the sale on
Thursday, April 26 at 1717 Ingersoll Ave.
PURCHASE TICKETS NOW BY CLICKING HERE.

Preview Party6 - 7:30 pm / $75
Admission to the Preview Party includes two complimentary drinks, complimentary
hors d'oeuvres, cash bar, muscial entertainment, participation in the silent auction,
and first viewing of the artwork.

Party Contiunes7:30 - 9:30 pm
$45 / $25 for attendees under 30 years of age (please provide ID)
Admission to the Art Crazy party includes complimentary hors d'oeuvres, cash bar,
musical entertainment, and the opportunity to purchase artwork and meet fellow art lovers.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous artwork Trisha,I particularly like the first one and your faces are really good. Hope the show goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Trisha! I am SO SO SO proud of you! Your pieces are just beautiful! And congrats...let us know how everything goes...this is awesome! Love and hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Trisha! That is wonderful! These pieces are gorgeous :) Good luck on your first show!

    ReplyDelete