Friday, June 15, 2012

Mint Chip SOC2 Angel_Willowing

This was done for my Summer of Color 2 (SOC2) Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream Inspirations Challenge.

It took me two and a half weeks to do this. It is hand drawn with pencils. Then inked. Then scanned, then brought into Photoshop and digitally colored with a mouse and then added layer upon layer ( I think I counted 27) plus I lumped on into a group, and then added blending highlighters like inner glows and outer glows and drop shadows and global light and more.

After doing that, I took all my extra savings and bought a Bamboo, Wacom Tablet. After my Art show this weekend, I am cracking that baby open and going to play with it.

I am intrigued to see how different that next one will be like!

21 comments:

  1. Wow two and half weeks work is a lot, but the effort shows through and it is gorgeous... I am intrigued to see what the next one will be like as well...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing and I am impressed with how creative you have been with this piece. That is truly inspirational what you have done. It looks great. I look forward in seeing what you next come up with. It is a pleasure to be stopping by. Have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her attitude. Great to see some digiart - I've never started with a drawing but seeing your results I will add it to my list of things to try

    ReplyDelete
  4. She reminds me of Lady Deltrium in the Sandman comics :)
    Gorgous work
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your going to have a wonderful collection of fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is a beauty!!!!!!
    You will love your tablet too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Very creative and up to date creation ~~ thanks, ^_^ ( A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been playing with some online programs for digital creation, or at least editing, but i am new to it. Some of what you said above is a bit greek to me... but the results are beautiful! all the shadows give it such depth. and the women you create always look so strong. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, a lot of work went into this cool artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this...you aced the eyes...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! I really love the patterns on her top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully drawn and I love all the details in it - just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is very beautiful... her face is lovely... am sure you will love your tablet too...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is lovely! I love photoshopping :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it's gorgeous! And wow so much work...and it paid off. I think you'll love the Wacom. it's a great tool. I have the Bamboo too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the pink compliments the mint so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE what you did with this weeks colours...Striking artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful! Definitely worth all your work and layers!

    ReplyDelete