Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rainbow Sherbert Fairy

This is my Rainbow Sherbert Fairy I did for my Summer of Color: Ice Cream Inspiration Challenge. Copic Colored, 11x17 Strathmore 60lb Paper

It is so frustrating because I struggle so much with faces when I am doing figures because the faces are smaller. Sometimes they turn out fine, other times I want to shoot myself. I don't like the eyes on this one very much. (but aren't all artists picky about their work?)

When I have a FULL face I am fine, but when I am trying to do a figure, I don't know, it is really a struggle. That is why I have more Faces done and less figures. I need to do it the other way around though I know.

Do the thing that challenges you most, so you hone your craft and get better at it. So maybe I will do a figure for each of my Summer of Color Challenge. Not sure but it is an idea.

If you would like to participate in the Summer of Color of fun it is done by my wonderful friend Kristen over at Twinkle Twinkle

Her Facebook Group (I set up for her for last year's challenges -yay!) is over here Summer of Color Facebook

The colors we were given this week were Rainbow Sherbert which is a mix of Pink, Orange and touch of white. We are allowed to use other colors but I try very hard to stay true to the color given.

I am trying to add more backgrounds so I added the little half circle at the top and I saw an artist at the ComicCon have a design upside down like that on the inside and thought it looked pretty cool.

The little houses where ornaments from my backyard I thought might make a nice addition. Don't they look like little fairy homes. I think so. I am sure fairies live there! :)



Then I am a heart and tiny flower junkie I think because if you start looking back at my work I put them in EVERYTHING!! LOL.

Also I seem to be tattooing all my ladies lately. I don't want to get a real tat on me so I tattoo them I guess! :)

Keep watching for more Summer of Color fun!! And if interested I know Kristen would love to have you!!

XOXO
Trisha Trixie

25 comments:

  1. I love your fairy! But yea I understand what you are saying,it's hard for me to do figures. I did a fairy for the challenge too and I had to use one of my kid's barbies as the body model!
    You're awesome and I love your fairy and the little houses. ( Also the idea of tattooed ladies as my husband designs tattoos for a living.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah a tattoo artist. I better be good at my designs then! :)

    I used a Fairy Costume as a the reference! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! SO Happy to have you playing along (naturally ;) and I think your artwork is absolutely wonderful. I especially love those gorgeous wings and all of the detail on her dress and bodice. Thank you for everything, for this post, and for helping to make another colorful Summer possible. Love to you, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks really fiesty to me, I certainly wouldn't mess with that fairy.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is one sexy fairy ~ very creative and love the 'fairy houses' ~ I believe in them ~ ~ enjoy the day ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I like her pretty wings and the fairy houses in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think she is fabulous (but I am too hard on myself too- so I can relate to the feeling)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's lovely - I really love the designs on her dress and her tattoos - very detailed and intricate - great work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work! Your little "fairy houses" are adorable, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is cool! And I like her tattoos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SHE IS WONDERFUL...SHE LOOKS STRONG AND I BET SHE COULD TACKLE ANYTHING THAT COMES HER WAY...XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it terrible for me to say that with that cleavage no one would look at the face? I know is an awful thing to say, but I couldn't help myself ;-)

    I love her dress, and you are right, I'm sure you have a few gnomes living in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magaly Guerro, OMG! You made me literally laugh lout loud to where I HAD to spell that out!! That was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your fairy woman is quite gorgeous and I didn't notice any hassles with the face... I like its individuality... and the addition of the fairy houses are just a great touch...xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's hands and limbs I struggle with, can never get them in proportion :) Good idea to use figures as your practise for Summer of Colour :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your buxom fairy, perfect for the SOC. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  17. great details here. i like how you've incorporated so many things that make your fairy woman stand out! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've learned practice, practice, practice. I love you fairy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your rainbow sherbert fairy is fab... looking forward to your week 2 now!!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo she is enchanting!My mint and chocolate is going to be a fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I know your frustrations on faces and bodies. I do more whimsy so I am ok with big eyes or big heads and little bodies. I think your fairy is wonderful. Don't be so hard on yourself but then again what am I saying, I say the same thing.LOL
    Take care and have no worries.
    Lesley♥

    ReplyDelete