Saturday, June 30, 2012

Miss Strawberonade Flutterby Fairy!

Drum roll please....brushes and tweaks...here is Miss Strawberonade Flutterby Fairy!

All the sass and toughness as my other fairness but with a hint of sour and sweet of Strawberry and Lemonade!
 
This week our color for SOC2 was Strawberry Lemonade. On flip side B of my life I watched Digital Dreams by Tam and learned about Brushes. I knew about brushes before but I guess I didn't really understand how to use them until now. Oh wow! Was I hooked. I almost needed a crowbar to pull me away and pry my fingers from the computer. Tam gave us some ideas for where to load brushes and then my art friend Justin sent me a set of brushes. That made me remember the other brushes I had seen out there and well, I went a little overboard with downloading brushes. But then once I started using them, I realized, "Hmm, I don't need to load all these brushes I think. : lol
I don't have the Watermark thing figure out like Justin said, but I did Stamp my art with my Signature, Year and Month like before. I have to remember next time to take off my pencil signature before I start coloring next time. I got too far in and couldn't figure out how to get it off. I tried using the patch tool like Tam showed us, but I failed at that. 
Next week the new boyfriend is taking me away to the Amana Colonies for a week so I can relax (been very stressed lately and had some health issues) and enjoy simpler things. So I decided I would take my new Art Case and Copics and do next weeks with Markers since I am new at that too! 
Plus it will give me shoulder a chance to heal. 
Thank you so much for those who support my art Anita, Kristen, Leslie, Sonia, everyone from CED, Willowing, Goddess Guide, Summer of Color, Be Urself, Brave Girls, Ridler Studios, and everywhere else  you follow me from.
Also a thank you to JC for putting up with me and always supporting me. Without you as my friend and in my corner, I never would have gone this far and seen what I could do. Thanks for the beautiful new Sketchbooks you took the time to make for me, and for being my personal art shopper at Dick Blick until I could pay you back for Art  Tape, Pens, books, etc. 
I am also very grateful to Ben, the new boyfriend. Not many boyfriends will put up with you coming home from a day job, barely eating with you and then letting me go sit in my studio for hours nearly every night. It is what I want to do and it makes me happy so he said that makes him happy. Monday, Wednesdays, Fridays and most weekends- Saturday and Sunday are consumed by me doing art things, drawing or Digitally Coloring something, or reading something about art. Even if I am sitting next to him I now have a sketchpad and a book in my hand that teaches me "how to" something artistic and I labor over it intensely to make my art craft better and better. He doesn't really follow my blogs, but nevertheless, I know I am thanking him and it means a lot to me. 
To the rest-Hope you enjoy my fairy. I really love the comments. Especially the ones about my fairies being tough. Those have really made me smile :) You just  don't even know.....
XOXO
Trisha Trixie 

15 comments:

  1. Love this new piece....love her pink and yellow highlights in her hair!!! wishing you a wonderful week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time destressing on vacation! Your fairy has such a great air about her- the kind of fairy I'd like to have a drink & long conversation with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, enjoy the respite and each other ~ Lovely creation ~ love her bravado ~thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is fab..they always look like cool superheros ...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is very cool!! Good job!! Nice to have that independence within a relationship...less likely to get stale!!! Have a great week!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece you have made. Like it very much.
    Lovely greet
    Marja
    (marjascreatiity)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's great! Super sassy! Your new boyfriend sounds like a keeper. My husband is also an art widower but depending on how 'new' your man is, he's super understanding at you spending so much time engrossed in art instead of being with him!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is gorgeous yet tough at the same time. Great sketch!:).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your strawberry lemonade fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This fairy is ready to PAR-TYYYYYY!!

    Enjoy your break with Ben :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the hair you do on your fairies - its just cool! while I'm amazed at all you can do in the digital world, it seems complicated! But you do a great job! Its been fun following your fairies!!!

    ReplyDelete