Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Grounding-Trees

In the Goddess Circle I am doing a Radiant Goddess Course. On the Divine Daily Planner it talked about Grounding and a few of us didn't know what that meant. So I looked it up


Grounding is the first step taught in many spiritual practices. Whatever your beliefs this simple practice can make a significant difference to your life. This consists of connecting yourself energetically to the core of Mother Earth. You will find that grounding before meditation or astral travelling will aid inner focus. If you are feeling spacey or disoriented grounding and centering will help tremendously.
There are many techniques for grounding and it is wise to look for those that work best for you. The essence of most methods is to relax and visualize yourself sending down an energy cord or light beam into the earth from your root chakra (at the base of your spine), or from the soles of your feet, and allowing it to reach the earths core. Once this is done you can either return excess, or negative energy to the earth for transformation or you can draw up energy into your body.

My personal favourite is to visualize myself as a tree sending down roots from the charkas on the bottom of my feet. These roots travel swiftly down into the earth’s core and draw up rich dark Mother Earth energy spiralling up and throughout my body.

Here is what is so profund to me about that...if you have been reading my AAD posts you may know my October Create Every Day goal was to draw 10 Trees. I have found I REALLY like drawing these whimsical trees and I feel it is freeing and flowing out of me to draw them. Funny now how I connect drawing the trees and doing Zentangles (which I just did and didn't know that's what I was doing btw) as a means of inking them back into Grounding.








 
The last ones are some photos of some Bonsai Trees taken at the Des Moines Botanical garden. I saw them this summer...perhaps subconsconsciously they were an inspiration without me even knowing it...hmmm

Love and Light,
Always,
Trisha

3 comments:

  1. That's cool...the trees and grounding and you drawing trees just a few months ago. Those bonsai trees have amazing trunks. I can see why you were drawn to them. Maybe you'll be drawing more of them. ;)

    I'm so glad you're enjoying the Course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good way to explore grounding! Love that is so whimsical and fun! Hope you don't mind if I draw some trees to help me with grounding because that is something I struggle with during meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Sometimes drawing helps us us visualize so go for it!

    ReplyDelete