Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Warrior for my Dragoness

As some of you know, I am currently participating in Willowing's Art Challenge for the month of January to draw a dragon. I started on the dragoness and sketched out a warrior on a ledge to go with the Dragoness I am drawing. Tonight I turned on some tunes and sat down to work on the warrior. Even though the challenge is for a Dragon I felt moved to have this Warrior with my Dragoness.  I think I am most draw to it because I feel as "I" am a warrior.

A warrior:

A person who is actively engaged in battle, conflict or warfare


Here are my drawings from tonight. I used the reference from Dragon Hunters. I lightboxed the outline ONLY. The remaining inside drawing, shading and effects are all me.










The Warrior
I still have to finish up the Dragoness. My other artist friends draw all teh time so they are much more skilled and quicker at it than me. I can do it, but it takes SO long. Let's just say I am glad I have the month.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice job! I can't freehand very well and always seem to have something to go by to start with, too--a picture, an outline, traced shapes. This looks really good, warrior woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come so far in my drawing. So many people told me I was bad at it. Justin always encouraged me. How lucky I was to have an artist in my life.

    ReplyDelete